Why iPhone overnight charging is dangerous? Here are the best ways to charge your iOS smartphone

why-iphone-overnight-charging-is-dangerous-here-are-the-best-ways-to-charge-your-ios-smartphone An iPhone 6S is plugged into a battery charger on March 18, 2019 in Washington,DC. (Photo by Brendan Smialowski / AFP) (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)

Because of the ongoing pandemic, people tend to stay at home and charge their iPhones overnight.

Because the internet has become a stress reliever for many people, they frequently surf various websites in their spare time.

Even before going to bed, people prefer to check their social media accounts.

Overnight charging is becoming more popular as people want their smartphones to last until the morning.

However, experts warn that doing so may cause battery damage to your device.

Why iPhone Overnight Charging is Dangerous

According to the most recent LadBible report, Apple is incorporating the so-called Optimized Battery Charging feature into its iOS device.

This iPhone feature is specifically designed to prevent the handset from charging once the battery life reaches 80%. After that, it will gradually add the remaining 20%, giving you 100% battery power when you wake up.

Although your iPhone will charge at a slower rate after reaching 80%, it will continue to receive heat from your charger.

When you wake up and notice that the temperature is higher than usual, unplug your device. According to tech experts, leaving your iPhone charging at night frequently raises its temperature above room temperature.

If this happens frequently, it can harm your iPhone’s battery. As a result, overnight charging has earned the moniker “battery killer.”

If you don’t want this to happen to your iOS smartphone, here are some of the best ways to keep it charged throughout the day.

Best Ways To Charge Your iPhone

ZDNet listed some of the best charging methods you can use to keep your iPhone’s battery charged throughout the day, including the following:

  • Charge your iPhone for 30 to 45 minutes after you wake up in the morning. You can brush your teeth, stretch, and do other activities to help you function during the day during this time.
  • Charge your device for 30 minutes or more in the afternoon. This will allow you to reach 80% battery life.