Steve Irwin death recorded? Talks about the shocking demise of the crocodile hunter reignited

SAN FRANCISCO - JUNE 26: ***EXCLUSIVE*** "The Crocodile Hunter", Steve Irwin, poses with a three foot long alligator at the San Francisco Zoo on June 26, 2002 in San Francisco, California. Irwin is on a 3-week tour to promote the release of his first feature film, "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course", due in theaters July 12th. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Steve Irwin’s biographer revealed that there is a videotape of his final moments before and after he was killed by a sting ray 16 years ago.

On September 4, 2006, Irwin, a well-known zookeeper called Crocodile Hunter, died after being stung by a stingray while filming in the Great Barrier Reef. Although it is unclear whether or not his team recorded the incident, his biographer confirmed that the entire event was recorded on video.

According to Tommy Donovan’s previous statement, the camera captured the moment Irwin pulled the stingray’s barb from his chest. Unfortunately, he passed out shortly after pulling it.

Irwin died soon after.

According to Donovan, Irwin always instructed the camera operators to film him at all times.

He went on:

“If he needs help he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape.”

The Mirror reported a surge in search interest for the footage following his untimely death. Fans began to speculate on whether or not it would be made available to the general public.

Unfortunately, TV executives decided not to show the disturbing footage because it was “shocking” to watch.

“The Crocodile Hunter” producer John Stainton expressed a similar sentiment, stating that it is difficult to watch because it depicts how a person died.

Only Irwin’s family and police had access to the video as of press time.

Rather than showing the video, Stainton described the event, saying that Irwin swam over the top of the ray. However, its tail protruded and stabbed him in the chest.

The cameraman turned off the camera after he took his last breath.

The producer also advocated for the tape’s removal, telling CNN’s “Larry King Live” in 2006 that he never wanted to see it again. After a few tears, the copies of the video above were destroyed, except for one in possession of his widow.

Irwin’s wife then destroyed it without even looking at it.

When the incident occurred, cameraman Justin Lyons attempted to resuscitate him by bringing him back to the boat. He allegedly told him to hold on and think of his children.

Even if they made it to the emergency room, Lyons said Irwin would not survive due to the extensive damage to his heart.