Is Ariana Grande going to perform at the Coronation of King Charles III?
As The Firm continues to look for musicians to play at the highly publicized event, the “Thank U Next” singer is meeting with a top royal family member.
Musicians such as Adele, Elton John, and Harry Styles are said to have turned down invitations to perform at King Charles III’s upcoming Coronation.
According to Rolling Stone, The Spice Girls and Robbie Williams are among the other performers who have declined invitations to perform at the historic event.
The former Nickelodeon star, 29, is currently in London filming “Wicked,” in which she will play Glinda the Good opposite award-winning actress Cynthia Erivo.
The movie will be split into two parts. The first will be released around Christmas 2024, followed by the second around the same time the following year.
Jon M. Chu will also direct the two films, which will star “Jurassic Park” actors Jeff Goldblum and Michelle Yeoh.
The cast will have a royal visitor this week, according to The Sun, as Prince Edward is scheduled to visit the set.
The royal’s visit was kept a secret, according to an insider. He was invited as a special guest and will meet the film’s cast, which includes Ariana Grande.
Aides to King Charles III are said to be compiling a list of musicians for the Coronation, which will take place on May 6, and the insider believes that now is the ideal time for Prince Edward to ask the “Die For You” hitmaker to sing at the event.
According to the source, insiders close to the singer have indicated that she will not attend or perform at the Coronation.
It’s also not surprising that Ariana Grande may be asked to perform at the Coronation to be a part of British history. After all, she’s become one of pop music’s most recognizable figures, known for her powerful voice, catchy melodies, and distinct style.
The former “Sam and Cat” star has a large and devoted fan base and critical and commercial success.
These are some examples:
- Several Grammys, Billboard Music Awards, and American Music Awards
- Several platinum-selling albums have been released, including “Yours Truly,” “My Everything,” “Dangerous Woman,” “Sweetener,” and “Thank U, Next.”
- Multiple records have been broken on streaming platforms such as Spotify and YouTube.
- Headlining major music festivals and selling out multiple arena tours
- Working with other well-known artists such as The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, and Lady Gaga
- Being one of “The Voice’s” highest-paid coaches.