NEW YORK, NY – AUGUST 15: Singer Trey Songz visits America’s Nightly Scoreboard on FOX Business Network at FOX Studios on August 15, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Henry S. Dziekan III/Getty Images)

Trey Songz’s most recent lawsuit was officially dismissed.

Earlier this year, the singer-songwriter was embroiled in a controversy after a woman filed a civil rape case against him. According to recent reports, the lawsuit was dismissed after the statute of limitations on the alleged victim’s allegations expired.

The case was dismissed earlier this week, according to Complex, after the musician’s lawyers argued that the statute of limitations had expired before the woman filed the lawsuit.

The complaint was filed in February, and the alleged victim, who identified as Jane Doe, claimed they had a consensual relationship in 2016 before the singer became a “savage rapist.”

The woman allegedly sought $20 million in damages but could not be compensated because the case was dismissed.

The unnamed woman claimed in the lawsuit that she attended Songz’s party at his home, where he anally raped her despite her protests that she did not want anal sex.

The woman claims she told him to stop during the alleged incident, but he refuses. She later went to the hospital, where an examination revealed “severe anal tearing” that would allegedly necessitate surgery.

ALSO READ:  Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift friendship explored: Here's how much they love each other

This was not the first time Songz, whose real name is Tremaine Neverson, had been accused of a crime, as a woman claimed in Nevada that the singer had sexually assaulted her.

The incident allegedly occurred in his hotel room at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, where he had invited a group of women to celebrate his 37th birthday.

Later, the Las Vegas Metro Police Department confirmed they had received a report about the incident and were investigating it. They also mentioned how cooperative the singer was at the time.

They later issued a statement confirming that no criminal charges would be filed against the musician and stating that the investigation had already been completed.

They added:

“If any new evidence comes to light, the case will be reopened for further investigation.”

Songz’s lawyers told TMZ that they are grateful to the authorities for their thorough investigation and that the case revealed inconsistencies in witness testimony and insufficient evidence.

ALSO READ:  Beyonce 'Renaissance' tour 2023: Dates, venues, how to get tickets, more!

The singer has made no public statements about either case.


Discover more from CELEBEAT

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

You May Also Like

Cuban singer Malu Trevejo ‘abusive’ as ex-staffers makes SHOCKING confession

Swearing and cursing in text messages are something that most people could not avoid depending on the intensity of the emotions they want to communicate to the other person on the line.

Drake a ‘sore’ loser: Rapper refuses to acknowledge ‘Her Loss’ cannot beat ‘Anti-Hero?’

Drake looks to have thrown Taylor Swift some fairly petty shade after she surpassed him to the top of the Billboard Hot 100.

Meghan Markle’s NSFW scene in ‘90210’ resurfaces after ‘Deal or No Deal’ bimbo claims

Meghan Markle found herself in hot water again after her “Deal or No Deal” claims.

Blake Shelton ‘The Voice’ retirement leads singer to hilariously demand THESE from coaches

Blake Shelton hilariously demanded “The Voice” coaches to give him retirement gifts.